Wednesday 18 November 2009

Sue Ryder - Liberating Lives 2009

I have been working hard to develop an image in the theme of Liberation for the Sue Ryder Art Liberating Lives competition of 2009 http://www.suerydercare.org/pages/art_liberating_lives_2009.html.


I entered last year and was very proudly included in the exhibition, which took place in the Mall Galleries, London. So far, I have reached the 2nd stage of their selection process and had to send it all nicely packed today. Now. I have to wait. Not for long. but thought I'd share with you my final piece.. The Red-Haired Girl.. In hindsight, I wish I'd called it Alice in Wonderland. Much more fanciful.



If I am to get through, this piece will be up for sale, and found in the Mall Galleries from the 15th December, for the Private View. I met Linda Barker last year.. Worth it, just for that!

P.S. The lady with the red hair is correct in her position of being 'upside down'. Before you ask.


2 comments:

  1. Hello Kayley - I'm the Red-Haired Girl! Your work's just beautiful; I hope you get through to the exhibition again.

    Alice x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comment! Yes, I found this picture through Leoni and LOVED it! Would have been more fitting then, to have called it Alice in Wonderland! xx

    ReplyDelete